“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” ―Aristotle
“Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer.” ―Rick Pitino
EXCELLENCE should be PURSUED for the following REASONS:
2.EXCELLENCE MINIMISES COMPETITION
3.EXCELLENCE GETS THE BEST OUT OF YOU
4.EXCELLENCE MAKES THE BETTER YOU
5.EXCELLENCE BRINGS YOU UNDER THE SPOT LIGHT
If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude. Colin Powell
AN ATTITUDE OF EXCELLENCE
- Excellence is more do with an ATTITUDE. For example, an attitude of excellence would rather fly to save time; while an attitude of mediocrity would rather walk to save money.
- Excellence is not attained without INVESTMENT of resources and time. Be willing to INVEST.
- Excellence can be learnt. Be willing to learn from others exemplifying excellence in their lives.
- Excellence is ever striving for new adventures. The new will never be exhausted. Keep on reaching out for new ideas, creativity, innovation, etc.
- Excellence is not optional, but worth of diligent pursuit.
The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. Vince Lombardi
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
- Have the end in mind – a better and successful end.
- Have a VISION that is BIGGER than your today’s accomplishments.
- Have a plan.
- Read widely. Get knowledge in your field and also general knowledge. Do not be dull.
- Understand the scope of your field. Don’t be a novice.
- Surround yourself with people of like minds. Big thinkers and risk takers.
- Try do to something for the first time. It has to be a vision booster.
- Self-manage your time, talents, gifts, etc.
The secret of living a life of excellence is merely a matter of thinking thoughts of excellence. Really, it’s a matter of programming our minds with the kind of information that will set us free. Charles R. Swindoll
- LIFE IS CONDITIONED BY ONE’S THOUGHTS. THE OUTCOME OF YOUR LIFE CANNOT BE BLAMED ON SOMEONE ELSE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE.
- YOU CAN BE EXCELLENT, WHEN YOU GET EXCELLENT THOUGHTS.
- THE MIND IS THE LIFE COMPASS. ONE ARRIVES WHERE THE MIND HAD ALREADY BEEN.
- CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
- LIFE IS STRUCTURED ACCORDING TO ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN FORMED IN THE MIND.
There are no shortcuts to true excellence. Angela Duckworth
In order to pursue excellence, AVOID….
- Wasting time on unnecessary things
- Inferiority and superiority complexes
- Untidiness and disorderliness
- The fear of pursuing BIG dreams
- A victim mentality
- The blame attitude
If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work. Thomas j. watson
A Treasure In Earthen Vessel
November 21, 2020
Keys To Answered Prayer
November 13, 2020
November 3, 2020